What are assets? Types available: web content, plain text, source code, image gallery, and form.
Components are a form-based type of structured content. When inserted on a page, it acts as a form with required fields to be populated.
How to edit regions of the page.
Size limit, naming convention, fix invalid names and inspect image.
How to insert, modify or add a class to a link.
How to Log in and Log out.
Where to update main navigation. What level access is needed to do so.
Publish versus submit a page. Saving a page version.
What they are, how to use them and guidelines.
How and where to upload files and when to publish them.
What is usability and why is it important?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The _nav.inc file in a new section must be published when pages are ready to be published for the first time. Otherwise, runtime errors will occur. If the pages have been published and this error is received, proceed with publishing the _nav.inc. file.
When you want to reuse a page but not have it public facing:
- From the Page List View, select the Production tab (upper right corner) then delete the page.
- Afterwords, switch back to the Staging tab. We always want to be working in Staging. Only on rare occasions we would switch to Production mode.
- Do not remove the page from the Staging area or it will delete it from Staging and Production and the page will have to be recreated).
- Find out which account the website is under.
- Locate and contact the account administrator responsible for that account and provide the following:
- Person's name who requested you have access.
- Provide the account name (e.g. bfa)
- URL/address of the page(s) you will be accessing within the website.
When this message appears above a snippet in a page in staging (it will not appear when published), the snippet has been updated. Therefore, you need to replace the snippet in the page with the updated version of that snippet.
When using the Need Support link, please include "Omni CMS" in the "Describe your issue" field, along with a basic description of your request.
If you are not logged in to ServiceNow, you may receive a message stating "You are either not authorized or record is not valid" when using either of these links. If you receive this message, login to the system and either navigate to the requests within ServiceNow or return to this page and use the links to navigate to the desired form.
- Select training category.
- Provide website URL (e.g. https://bfa.sdsu.edu/)
- If requesting training for multiple people, list all attendees' names and their SDSUids (e.g. [email protected]) under Additional Details.
- Include topics to cover if this is not your first training session.
Upon completion of Omni CMS Basic Training, contact your Omni CMS account administrator for further assistance as needed (user management, file access, troubleshooting, guidance, etc.). They will provide assistance for you and/or escalate issues to the Omni CMS team, if necessary.