Follow these required actions to plan and prepare to migrate your website data into OU Campus then production.
- After the preliminary migration meeting is scheduled to discuss the process and preparation topics listed below.
- Follow the Planning guide.
- Take the necessary steps before and after Going Live.
- Discuss your existing and/or new site(s) and URL(s).
- Select a template for your new site.
- Training and support.
- Discuss roles and responsibilities (ours and yours).
- Establish one or more account administrators with highest level of access (Level 10)
for your area who will:
- Create user accounts (review user levels to decide appropriate permissions for each user).
- Grant access and set permissions.
- Train users/content providers for your department.
- Establish timeline for your web migration and select a tentative go-live date for your website(s).
- The site owner must provide a comprehensive list of every current Uniform Resource Locator (URL) (e.g. http://go.sdsu.edu/education/ and provide the path where each page will reside after going live (e.g. https://education.sdsu.edu).
- We can help you review the site to ensure the site is functional.
- Go-live date(s) must be confirmed at least five business days prior to actual launch date to allow time for coordination with the IT Security Office.