Tools, templates, procedures and resources for OU Account Administrators to assist and support their users.
If any of the following resources are not available or a procedure is not working as expected, complete the appropriate request for assistance through the OU Campus Intranet Website (under Existing Site Requests).
Access is controlled on the line of the folder/section you're setting it for (e.g. _resources)
- Create a new group limiting it to a few high level users.
- From root:mouseover section/folder to be restricted:
- Select: Edit
- Change Access Group to newly created group & Save.
Level 10 users (and to a lesser extent level 9 users) will have access regardless of group restrictions.
- If you restrict access to the /_resources/ folder, you may want to change the directory variables for "Default Image Folder" and "Default Media Folder", as they are most likely set to /_resources/images and /_resources/files, respectively.
- Access to the image files in /_resources/ou/templates/ should be left as "Everyone" or the group which controls access to the site, as these images are displayed when someone uses the "New" button to create a new page/section/folder/etc.
A department name change may require modifications to breadcrumbs and navigation.
Components are a form-based type of reusable content that simplify entering information
into complex design elements. When a component is placed on a page, it acts as a form
for you to enter information into.
* Level 10 access is required to create components.
Create a New Component
- From: Content, select 'Components'
- Create a new component with 'New' tab
- Start adding desired fields and Save
- Select the pcf where component will reside
- Open region (green tab) where component is to be inserted and place cursor where component will go.
- Select Component icon and insert desired component; empty component fields will appear.
- Populated fields with content then Save when finished.
Basic guide to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) when implementing OU site.