Omni CMS (formerly OU Campus) is a web content management system (CMS) that allows users with little or no coding knowledge to manage and update their website.
The CMS' features include multi-browser support, what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editor, auto-save, scheduled publishing, workflow, and support for integration with Facebook and Twitter. The templates used by SDSU use a mobile-friendly responsive design and support web accessibility standards.
Why Omni CMS?
- No coding knowledge is required to manage and update a website.
- Omni CMS is flexible and easy to use.
- Content and other functionality can be shared between sites.
- Workflow allows the system to support content change approval, with varying levels of complexity.
- SDSU pays for licensing and maintenance/upgrades.
- SDSU provides initial training and support.
- The CMS publishes to a highly redundant web server environment in the cloud.
- Omni CMS is integrated with SDSUid.
- Account administrators can configure fine-grained permissions to control access to content.
How does Omni CMS improve Web Accessibility for SDSU?
- SDSU manages the templates in Omni CMS to ensure ATI compliance.
- Users only need to worry about providing accessible content.
- An ATI Web Working Group was formed to gather training resources and tools for employees who create and produce digital content.