OU Campus is a Web Content Management System (CMS) that allows users with little or no coding knowledge to manage and update their website.
The CMS' features include multi-browser support, in-context what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editor, auto-save, scheduled publishing, workflow, and support for integration with Facebook and Twitter. The templates used by SDSU use a mobile-friendly responsive design and support web accessibility standards.
Why OU Campus?
- No coding knowledge is required to manage and update a website.
- OU Campus is flexible and easy to use.
- Content and other functionality can be shared between sites.
- Workflow allows the system to support content change approval, with varying levels of complexity.
- StratComm pays for licensing and maintenance/upgrades.
- StratComm provides initial training and support.
- The CMS publishes to a highly redundant web server environment in the cloud.
- OU Campus is integrated with SDSUid.
- OU Campus administrators can configure fine-grained permissions to control access to content.
How does OU Campus improve Web Accessibility for SDSU?
- StratComm manages the templates in OU Campus to ensure ATI compliance.
- Users only need to worry about providing accessible content.
- StratComm formed an ATI Web Working Group to gather training resources and tools for employees who create and produce digital content.
Access to OU Campus requires an SDSUid. SDSUid is the campus single identifier used to securely access many IT services. If you have not yet claimed your SDSUid, instructions can be found on the SDSUid website.