The DirectEdit Link is the simplest way to log in and go directly to the page you need to edit. Logging in to edit your pages is as simple as following a link. The DirectEdit link is a “hidden” link on every published webpage that you can use to access the Omni CMS interface.
How to Login to Omni CMS
- Open the page you want to edit in a Web browser
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Use the “Last Updated (modified date)” link.
- At the SDSU Shibboleth Login screen, enter your SDSUid username and password.
For information about managing your SDSUid password, visit Manage My SDSUid.
- If you successfully logged into Omni CMS and have access to the page on which you used the DirectEdit link, you will be presented with that page in Omni CMS. If that page is checked out to another user or you do not have access to it, you will need to navigate the folder structure to find a page you can update.
When you are finished working in Omni CMS, use the Logout link.
When the logout process is complete, the logout page should be displayed:
As noted on this page, you must close your browser to complete the logout process. This is especially important if you login to Omni CMS from a shared computer.
If you enter your login information incorrectly, you will be prompted to login again. If you fail to login 3 times, you will be locked out of Omni CMS. If this occurs, contact your account administrator to have your user unlocked.
If your administrator has unlocked your account in Omni CMS (or finds that your account is not locked within Omni CMS), your SDSUid account may be locked. If this is the case, you will need to contact your domain administrator or the appropriate help desk (contact information can be found on the SDSUid Help page).
The username you entered cannot be identified
If you receive the message "The username you entered cannot be identified," it means
you attempted to login to an account/page in Omni CMS for which you do not have access,
you mistyped your SDSUid (or left out the "@sdsu.edu" portion), or attempted to login
using other credentials instead of your SDSUid.
If you used your SDSUid username/password and received this message, check to ensure you are logging into the correct site, and contact your OU administrator if you continue to receive this message.